Small Business Sunday (#SBS) announces Autumn Fair shortlist
Shortlisted 36 to compete for 12 free exhibition spots
Small Business Sunday (#SBS), the online business community founded by Theo , has announced its shortlist of businesses still in the running to secure space in Autumn Fair’s new #SBS Pavilion.
Of the 36 currently shortlisted, 12 will eventually be selected to fill free exhibition slots at the season’s number one marketplace for the retail industry. The process is to be judged by a panel of Autumn and Spring Fair experts from event organisers, Ascential.
The winners will take centre stage at the Fair, which runs 2-5 September at Birmingham NEC, and will gain access to thousands of visitors and buyers ready to order products ahead of the busiest retail period of the year – the Golden Quarter.
Theo said: “It’s great to see so many fantastic small businesses making it to the shortlist. The list reflects the unique, hardworking businesses which make up the #SBS community. I’m looking forward to visiting the final 12 at Autumn Fair in September and urge them to make the most of this brilliant retail opportunity. I’m just glad I don’t have to make the final decision on the winners; now that really is going to be tough!”
Louise Young, managing director of Spring & Autumn Fair, said: “These 36 businesses are a fantastic representation of the varied and unique businesses which make up Theo’s inspiring #SBS community. Whittling them down to just twelve will be no easy task. Each business on the shortlist represents a brand with a bespoke idea or product – something which we as an event encourage, nurture and value.”
“Whilst I wish each of the shortlisted businesses the best of luck, we’re looking forward to welcoming the final 12 passionate and unique #SBS businesses to the Fair. Given that each business has been carefully selected by Theo himself to be part of the community, we’re aware that the competition will be tough, but are confident that visitors to Autumn Fair will have some truly standout exhibitors to engage with as a result.”
For the full shortlist please see below:
- B Organic Skincare: Organic skincare range free from nasty chemicals. One of the top ranked acne treatment products, according to the American Acne Foundation
- Bad Dog Designs: Unique and individual clocks created from original vintage Nixie tubes
- Basket Basket: Handmade woven baskets, bags and raffia giraffes from Madagascar, Morocco and Ghana
- Berber Leather: Leather fashion accessories for business and leisure
- CO: Innovative, wall mounted dog bowls and other accessories
- Bodyenrich LTD: Handmade nourishing products packed with ethical ingredients and fine fragrances
- Border in a Box: Garden design templates to help anyone easily create a pretty garden
- Butterfly and Toadstool: Handmade, naturally inspired jewellery
- Cally King: Perfume gift boxes for those new to the world of fragrance
- Create Perfect: Bespoke interior design service
- Cuddlebed Company: Sensory products for autism and special needs
- Cuffs & Co.: Quirky, unusual and thoroughly British men’s fashion accessories
- Dimpled Heart: Eclectic range of handcrafted homewares inspired by Scotland
- Easy Peasy Cooking: Home recipe kits
- EcoBags: Specialists in eco-friendly, promotional bags
- I am Rachel: Kiln-enameled, vibrant jewellery pieces
- Kiss-Air Candles: Soy wax candles infused with strong, fabulous fragrances
- LALOA: Hand drawn original artworks reproduced onto all manner of soft furnishings and interior pieces
- Laundreez: The ‘on the go’ washing solution for fresh clothes anywhere
- LIBRIUM Games: Unique strategy games for everyone
- Letterbox Lab: A kids’ science kit designed specifically to be more colourful, more convenient and more educational.
- MK Kids Interiors: Personalised interior design company that caters exclusively to kids
- Organik Orangutan: Organic palm oil-free soaps
- Orkid Ideas: An all-in-one schedule, checklist, prompt reward chart and timetable solution
- Perch Upholstery: The only furniture upholsterer working with felted wool in the UK
- Red Herring Games: Murder mystery dinner party kits
- Sarah Greening Glass: Individually crafted beautiful glass jewellery pieces
- Sue Roche Illustrations: Artist and illustrator passionate about bringing the world to life in bright watercolour paintings in a fun, quirky and unique style
- Sweet Dreamers: Soft toys for restless babies designed to recreate the soothing sensation of the womb
- The Book Matchmaker: A ‘blind dating’ service but for literature
- The Edible Museum: Novelty intricate chocolate sculptured to look like museum pieces.
- The Jam Horse: Family business producing james, chutneys, mustard, meat rubs vinegars, curds and sauces
- The Perfume Studio: The only company in the UK that allows everybody to design their own unique perfume at an affordable cost.
- The Room Alive: Wallpaper designed and printed in the UK using paper from sustainable sources and organic ink pigments.
- Whisky Tasting Company: Whisky bottlers offering premium, old and rare whisky gift sets
- Z-O-E: Design studio crafting beautifully patterned muslin babywear